Thursday, November 1, 2007

Greater Poplar Bluff Area Chamber of Commerce

I've gotten several emails about the new chamber vp. My thoughts are simply that I think Steve was a good move for the community. Whether it is a public position such as a city manager or a quasi public position like this one I've always felt that people will work harder to see their own hometown progress than a town they are passing through. I'm glad to see more people have came to that conclusion as well. He was always very interested in public affairs and I'm sure he will do all he can to see the town grow. After a few months of getting settled in I'm sure he will announce some aggressive goals for the community, and be judged on whether he meets them. All in all, good move for the Chamber.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That or he could be the next "Victim" and escape goat.

Anonymous said...

What's an "escape goat"? Is that like those goats that faint when they are scare???

Anonymous said...

blah blah blah move along people nothing to see here

Anonymous said...

Alright, Samantha, why don't YOU tell everyone the WHOLE story since you obviously know something everyone else doesn't.