Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Side

I’ve been thinking about publishing a blog for some time. However, I was either too disinterested with everything or couldn’t talk about certain things because of my ongoing legal fight. Now enough time has passed and I’m tired of holding my life up and tired of holding back my side for the right time.

Moreover, I see some of the same things I fought with at work the community. Individuals fighting with each other over scraps of influence while other town’s progress. I also want to answer some of the questions left by my leaving Poplar Bluff without speaking out. In fact I may actually be the only person who has a clue of how our hometown operates who can give you a point of view with nothing to lose.

No one probably cares anymore, I mean its been almost three years Don has told you all my faults swept away my accomplishments and sits with a tight grip on the inner workings of Poplar Bluff. But, for anyone who cares, blogging 156 miles from Poplar Bluff this is my side.

-Scott R.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where have you been?

Anonymous said...

good it's about time thing get out in the open if notice quite a few scandals have come out as of late. Between dunivan sex crimes and ema directors and cops stealing money we all know our local government is corrupt. Hope to hear more from ya soon.

Anonymous said...

It saddens me to the think the actions of some make people perceive our government corrupt as a whole. Not one person can tell me honestly that they have fought off every temptation in their lives. I am not saying these things that were done are the right things to do but good people make bad decisions sometimes.

If certain officials are making bad decisions you all have the opportunity to vote. That is the beauty of our government. I want you to think though. Are you able to make everyone happy all of the time. NO. That is in you your everday life. Imagine if you had to try to make everyone in a 17,000 plus populated city happy. IMPOSSIBLE.

If you all are not happy with how things are, get involved and try to fix it. Our city may not be the best city in the world but it has several points of exit on each side of it for you to leave if you so desire.

Anonymous said...

I don't doubt one bit that some of your blog is true. But some are opinions. There is a lot of behind the scenes "going on" that takes place. My opinion, If you want to live in Poplar Bluff, you need to be self sufficient, self reliant, have your own money, and not depend on anybody who can harm you in a way that it sucks the life out of you, or empties your pocket book. And also, don't put your eggs in one basket. They cram this shop Poplar Bluff First down your throat, and who wants to have any dealings with some of the business owners in Poplar Bluff. Most of them would stab you in the back if given the opportunity.