Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Few Emails to End the Weekend

tonyt@****** "I've read the website probably 10 times in the past week but, don't you think the comments go a little too far?"
In short, yes. Look, this blog is something I've thrown up on a free blogging site with very little page development or production, but it has obviously caught on. I don't have a ton of time everyday to post the comments to the board so when I do its usually early in the morning or late at night and sometimes comments get through that are in very poor taste. Tony, do me a favor and if you or anyone else sees one that offends you shoot me an email, as I do get emails 24/7, and Ill be sure to take a look at it.

******@semo.net "I hate your site. Its nothing but your rambling on about stuff no one cares about. Everyone would be happier if you would end this blog!"
I am willing to bet you are one of this websites most loyal readers. If you hate the site the internet is full of other sites to read. These are only my thoughts. Some people might disagree, and if you do email me and maybe you can write a guest post. I promise you I will never charge you to read it, make you click through ads to see it, or come to your house and make this your homepage. I do think there are some in town that would be happier if I would shut up but tens of thousands of hits cant be all wrong, but you can enjoy burying your head in the sand.

jaysr8787@****** "I voted for you and the highway, and I enjoy hearing your opinions again, but I am concerned that there is too much criticism about the paper on the site."
First of all thanks for the votes. Second of all, I don't want this to become a "lets bash the DAR" site. There are a lot of good people at the DAR who work very hard to put out a good product. Ive been concerned that the comments were too harsh toward them, but I think its really because no one that I know of has ever spoke out about Don publicly. So when I said the emperor has no clothes it has gave the community a chance to vent. If that is what people want to comment on then I cant control that. Just like I cant control people who want to take shots at me.

pbsherry@****** "What was your biggest mistake you made when you were mayor?"
Sherry, there isn't enough bandwidth on the internet for me to cover all of my mistakes.

Thanks for the emails. And Don thanks for not bashing the college after their board meeting Thursday night. You're catching on!
-Scott R.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would die if you knew who this was. I didnt like you when you were mayor, but you didnt know that, and at first I hated your website.

After reading it I cant say that anything you've said isnt pretty close to true. I thought you would be cocky but youve laid out your bad choices pretty well.

Anonymous said...

Why do people who dont like you email you. I would email people or post on websites I didnt like. Ive got a question for next week.

"Why do you think the newspaper did make it a banner headline about the booster club account? Could it be that now someone is looking over their shoulder?"

Anonymous said...

Rick mentioned you on his show today. He said he cant interview you.

Its amazing how many people couldnt name one mayor after you.Funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

Why won't you say who you were protecting by quiting the CC?

Anonymous said...

No to detract from everything else Scott is saying, but people bash DAR so much because the paper deserves it. Just ask anyone who works there now or ever has in the past.

Anonymous said...

why are there so many posts deleted?

Scott R. Faughn said...

some of the posts are getting a little out of control, and some people cant seem to understand that i write the posts and have no idea writes the comments. i dont save ip addresses (not because i wouldnt, but because i dont know how).

further, its just getting a little out of hand, so im trying to reign it in a little.

no conspiracy theories here (Rust hasnt bought me out too) im just not comfortable with some of it.

Anonymous said...

so how much did don pay you to shut up?