Sunday, October 14, 2007

Answering a Few Emails

shockmaster@****** “Why did you decide to start talking now”
I’m in a real good place in my life now. For a long time I was restricted from talking about a lot of things, then I went through a period of just not caring about any of it. In short, it is just the right time for me.

pbfan#1@****** "What is the point of this site and telling these stories?"
I’ve found that I enjoy discussing things happening in the community. Also, when I left I never really got the chance to speak my peace. The internet offers me the opportunity to tell my side without a filter. I’ve made so many mistakes and it’s been so long that I didn’t know how many people would listen…..apparently a lot people are listening. To those that aren’t interested in hearing my side, I invite you to enjoy browsing one of the other fabulous sites on the internet.

******@semo.net “Why do you allow anonymous posts?”
It’s a tough call. It stinks taking shots from people who can hide behind their anonymity, but if your going to publish a blog you have to have thick skin. You also have to understand that for some people speaking out would have serious repercussions. I have received email from a county elected official, two cops, and an employee at the DAR who have posted anonymously. I hope everyone likes the site, and feel free to post if you want, but I don’t want to see anyone hurt because of it.

ramsman487@****** “Will you go on the Rick Carl show and answer questions?”
Sure. Rick is a fair, honest, and great host. I would be glad to visit with Rick one day when I’m in town. However, I wouldn’t want to get Rick into any trouble. The same guy who owns part of the DAR also owns a portion of the radio station. My thoughts might not be what they want to hear. It’s called conglomerates, and they keep a pretty tight grip on decent. He probably thinks I’m old news anyhow.

sltloop@****** “Why didn’t you talk about highway 67?”
I will. Discussing everything would have been way too long of a video. I’ve broken it down into three parts. Part 1 is below, part 2 will be up Wednesday, and part 3 next Wednesday. Don’t worry I’ll get to it.

-Scott R.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for answering my queston. I didnt now Rust owned the radio station too.

Anonymous said...

I liked when you were on his show. Rick is a great host.

Scott R. Faughn said...

I totally agree. I still listen to him some on the webcast in my office.

Anonymous said...

don't worry about people being hurt this isnt the only place a lot of us discuss this kind of stuff. The plus side of this is we get to speak our mind open and freely unlike the semo forums when you start getting to close to the truth they delete you'r post. They did'nt seem to like the fact too many people new the truth about Dunivan.

Anonymous said...

The internet is a great way to tell your side. Nobody can slant it to fit their agenda.

Keep giving them the truth and they will think its hell.

Anonymous said...

Posting a comment to:
Anonymous said...
If you were as smart as you seem to think you are you would shut your mouth.

----
If you had any brass ones you post your name. because your comment could be deem a threat. Sorry carry on your threats, its not like you can’t be tracked down using an IP.

Anonymous said...

Keep on blogging Scott. Sure you're gonna "ruffle some feathers". But maybe in the process, we, the people of Butler Co and PB will demand accountability from it's elected officials.

Anonymous said...

everyone is talking about your blog. i think you are stepping on some toes.

i wonder what theyll try to charge you with next?

Anonymous said...

offending the powerful, 25 counts!

Anonymous said...

im ordinarily a supporter of law enforcement but a drunk prosecutor under the influence of D.S. and deputies who are for sell to the highest bidder its hard not to roll your eyes at butler county justice.

Anonymous said...

Dunivan may have done some bad things, who knows. He was a good county clerk though.

Anonymous said...

I dont care if he could walk on water Dunivans a pedophile and thats that. No matter how much good you do when you do somthing that bad it wipes the other away as far as 'm concerned. And this was'nt his first time more and more things are coming to light about him.

Anonymous said...

I dont care if he could walk on water Dunivans a pedophile and thats that. No matter how much good you do when you do somthing that bad it wipes the other away as far as 'm concerned. And this was'nt his first time more and more things are coming to light about him.

Anonymous said...

take it easy on john i heard there is a lot more to the story.

like maybe his wife had an ax to grind and filled those kids heads with hooey.

Anonymous said...

I wont take anything easy on the P.O.S. John Dunivan If he was'nt guilty then why run. And the evidence against him is not just from this case theres been mention of other victims some from years and years ago. And before you say what a fine upstanding family he comes from look on casenet forhis brother Donnie Dunivan who has been classified as a sexually violent predator.
March 27, 2007

Butler County judge commits Poplar Bluff man as sexually violent predator
Poplar Bluff, Mo.— A Butler County judge has found Donnie Dunivan of Poplar Bluff to be a sexually violent predator (SVP) and has committed him to the state treatment center in Farmington. Circuit Judge William J. Clarkson signed the judgment and commitment order on Mar. 23.

The office of Attorney General Jay Nixon sought to have Dunivan committed as an SVP after he finished serving a five-year prison sentence after he pleaded guilty in Butler County in 1995 for sodomy against a 16-year-old boy.

Dunivan (DOB – 12/20/52) earlier pleaded guilty to rape charges against teenage boys in Clay County, Ark., in 1983 and misdemeanor child molestation charges in Butler County, Mo., in 1978.

"My office will seek the continued commitment of those who still pose a danger to society," Nixon said. "While they are committed, these individuals can get the treatment they need."

Those committed by the court as sexually violent predators have the right to have their cases reviewed to determine if their mental abnormality has so changed that they are not likely to commit acts of sexual violence if released.



http://www.ago.mo.gov/newsreleases/2007/032707.htm

Anonymous said...

i just think you should look at his life in the whole not just some allegations.

and overall i think he was a pretty good guy unless this is true then not so much.

Anonymous said...

its almost impossible to prove that your innocent on charges like these. if he did it its awful, but he is innocent until proven guilty. we should try to keep that in mind.

Anonymous said...

That just depends on how much you know about the evidence and I happen to be in a position to know and in my profesional opinion if he is ever taken alive the chances of him being convicted are extremely good.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.